WHAT DOES RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT LOOK LIKE AND WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
Treatment is a delicate blend of comfort, learning, self-examination, activities, exercise and fun. During your son’s time at River Stones, we will use innovative and time tested treatments described in detail here in a structured, loving, caring and nurturing environment. And they will have fun. Fun gets the endorphins flowing and motivates the youth to stay engaged in the process. Fun also gets the brain in the right states to do the inner work they need to heal… so we have plenty of it! Our experiential therapies include:
- Hiking in the local mountains
- Climbing walls
- Trampoline parks
- Ropes courses
- Virtual reality adventures
- Fitness training
- Mindful meditation
The day will also include educational programming, good nutritious food and, of course, the individual/group therapy where they will do the work they need to gain insight, awareness and new healthy habits to help them live a better life… the life you want for them.
Family Involvement is key to your child’s success. In addition to treating your child, we will also provide support to the parents and family. While your child is in treatment we offer:
- Weekly family therapy session (in person or via Skype)
- Family support group on weekends
- Parent education to help you understand your child and to be the best parent given his specific needs. This may be in person or we have an array of training videos by our CEO that have helped hundreds of families over the past two decades.